Executive Director Job Opening - Position Description
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
FOR ASSOCIATION MANAGEMENT SERVICES
Missouri Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
The Missouri Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (MOAND) is one of 53 affiliates of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (the Academy), the world's largest organization of food and nutrition professionals with over 75,000 members. The Academy is committed to empowering members to be the nation’s food and nutrition leaders and optimize the nation’s health through food and nutrition.
MOAND is a 501(c)6 representing about 1500 Registered Dietitian Nutritionists and Dietetic Technician, Registered members. MOAND is seeking proposals for an organization or individual(s) to provide contract association management services for the one-year period beginning on or about May 1, 2019.
Responses to the following Request for Proposals (RFP) must be received by 5:00p.m. on April 22nd, 2019. Proposals will be reviewed, and interviews may be conducted to make the final selection. Applicants will be notified of a decision to interview on or before April 26th. Application and questions about this RFP should be directed to Debra Schumer at email@example.com.
MOAND is a non-profit organization in good standing with the Secretary of State and the Academy. The organization is led by a Board of Directors (BOD), consisting of a President and elected officers. The contractor would work closely with the President and the Executive Committee of the BOD to execute the strategic plan of the organization and meet its stated Vision, Mission and Strategic Goals.
The mission of MOAND is to optimize the health of Missourians through food and nutrition.
The contractor shall perform association management duties according to MOAND policies and procedures. It is anticipated that conducting the services requested in this RFP would roughly require between 10-20 hours per week for 48 weeks of the year, with fluctuations depending on MOAND activities in any given month. Time requirements increase with the annual conference. These services include:
Member and Community Communications
- Respond to daily inquiries from members, deferring professional nutrition and healthcare questions to appropriate board members.
- Monitor member inquiries via phone and email and respond to members within a timely manner.
- Verify Academy membership for MOAND members and maintain accurate member lists using the Academy information system, DMIS.
- Organize member communications for eblasts and send out at least monthly.
- Post minutes and other board activities and operations documentation as directed by the BOD for review by membership.
- Serve as a point of communication for outside groups wanting to work with MOAND.
- Develop annual operating budget in conjunction with the finance committee.
- Participate in quarterly finance committee meetings, provide reports in advance to treasurer and members as needed.
- Maintain computerized and local accounting of all bank accounts receivables and payables.
- Compile monthly financial reports for the BOD and MOAND records.
- Process accounts payable and receivable as required issuing invoices for any revenue brought in and ensuring payment.
- Process incoming funds and deposits as required.
- Provide or arrange audits from an outside agency as required.
- Compile and process financial documents as needed and present to tax accounting service for annual federal and state tax filing.
Public Relations and Marketing
- Coordinate upkeep of website including updating content, working with web master to make changes and improvements to the website and provide updates to the web master.
- Coordinate advertising on the newsletter, website, and other MOAND publications.
- Provide clerical and administrative support to MOAND to maintain day to day operations and ensure accurate and timely communications and reporting with the Academy, members, and industry partners.
- Handle mailings and data processing of MOAND correspondence as needed.
- Maintain an office phone line, email address, and mailing address for the MOAND.
- Retain and organize records for MOAND including but not limited to financial reports, operational records, meeting minutes, and contracts.
- Maintain updated records in web-based file storage system.
- Serve as a point of contact and resource for all BOD members.
- Assist with contract review and negotiation, ensuring timelines are updated and met annually.
- Maintain electronic and written correspondence between members, partners, constituents, consumers, and Academy staff as well as organization and filing of correspondence forms and documents as determined by the BOD.
- Prepare and disseminate RFPs to potential vendors/hotels. Compile results to share with BOD for decision making.
- Review contracts for all outside vendors.
- Assist with food and beverage, AV, copying/printing, and hotel logistics planning.
- Create and print conference materials including but not limited to agendas, brochures, etc.
- Handle all bookkeeping, receipts, invoices, and payments/reimbursements related to events.
- Provide financial summary for meetings.
- Handle all event registrations and communications in conjunction with meeting planning teams including onsite registrations.
- Coordinate communication, contracts, invoicing and correspondence with exhibitors, facilities and services associated with meetings.
- Implement organizational details to ensure smoother registration during events.
- Assist with set up and clean-up of equipment and event materials.
Quality of Services
- Members, suppliers and vendors will be treated with the upmost respect and their issues will be handled professionally and in a timely fashion.
- Issues that are not quickly resolved will be referred quickly to the appropriate BOD member for intervention.
- Contractor performance will be reviewed annually in conjunction with contract negotiation.
Contractor will be able to perform other duties as directed by the President and the Executive Committee of the BOD.
MOAND will enter into a one-year renewable contract with the selected Contractor with an anticipated start date in May 2019. The contract will outline the agreed upon fee schedule and list of services, in addition to the general terms and conditions. A sample contract can be provided upon request. A contract appendix will outline in detail duties to be performed by volunteer MOAND members and those duties to be specifically performed by the Contractor. The contract will specify terms for dissolution by either party without cause with 60-days notice.
Who May Respond
Association management organizations and independent contractors may submit proposals.
Responses to the RFP should include a CV/resume and cover letter that includes the proposed services, number of hours per week expected to provide said services, and include an annual, all-inclusive fee for said services to be paid in monthly installments. Questions about this RFP and applications can be emailed to Debra Schumer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RESPONSES MUST BE RECEIVED BY 5:00 p.m.
Monday, April 22nd, 2019
RESPONSES RECEIVED AFTER THAT DATE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED