Electronic Mailing List (EML)
Connect and network with other MOAND members through our electronic mailing list.
To join the MOAND EML, please follow these steps:
Step 1. Log into the Members only page of the MOAND website.
Step 2. Click on Edit Your Profile
Step 3. Scroll down to Member Directory – Email Mailing List
Step 4. Click on Opt-in
Step 5. Use email@example.com as the new group EML e-mail address.
Anything that you send out on the firstname.lastname@example.org will be seen by all MOAND members who have opted in to receive these e-mails.
The summary of the netiquette guidelines are as follows:
- The netiquette guidelines are intended to preserve the professional and educational purpose and intent of the MOAND EML.
- All statements on the listserv must be kept professional, and personal statements or exchanges that are designed to injure or provoke another party must be avoided.
- Personal and non-professional exchanges may be, depending on their nature, inappropriate and any members who engage in these types of exchanges will receive a verbal warning. Members who have concerns should contact MOAND executive Director rather than engage in any form of discussion on the EML.
The following topics and subject matter are unacceptable, must not appear in messages on the lists, and may in some instances constitute violations of the Academy Code of Ethics:
- Discussions of price, fees, or reimbursement amounts (which, as noted by the Academy’s Legal Counsel, may create the risk of antitrust exposure to the Academy and to participants);
- Abusive, threatening, defamatory, or libelous comments;
- Pornographic, obscene, or sexual materials or references;
- Inappropriate comments or references with respect to race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, or ethnic background;
- Religious solicitations;
- Illegal or unethical practices;
- Advertising, promotions, or endorsements of commercial products or services; or
- Job postings of any kind
Please pay particular attention to the guidelines regarding anti-trust violations (no discussion of fees/salaries), the exclusion of advertising, and the forwarding of postings from one listserv to another (outside of MOAND), as these discussions are not permissible.
**If you have any questions or concerns regarding inappropriate postings on the MOAND EML, please contact: MOAND Executive Director at email@example.com.